This matcha mint chocolate chia pudding starts with a minty matcha chia pudding and is topped off with a thick chocolately smoothie!
Mondays tend to be a hard day for many people.
It’s the first day of the week, and the week can be long and tedious for many people. So it’s especially important to fuel up with a nutritious and healthy breakfast on Monday to set the tone for the week to come!
Chia pudding is always a great option to start your day off right! These little seeds are loaded with protein, omegas, and can expand to 10x their size in liquid, helping you stay full and avoid those mid-morning cravings.
This matcha mint chocolate chia pudding recipe is also filled with delicious and healthy matcha powder. matcha is a green tea powder, that is loaded with antioxidants by grinding the entire green tea leaf into a powder.
Matcha powder is great for getting in your “green tea serving” into your baking and cooking!
And finally, let’s not forget the importance of cocoa! I’m a huge advocate for eating chocolate every day. (I mean, what is life without chocolate?Fortunately, chocolate and cocoa have some great health benefits. It contains minerals like iron an magnesium that helps support your body’s immune system.
This matcha mint chocolate chia pudding is a power-packed breakfast (or even dessert) option that will help you tackle the day to come!
One thing I love about this recipe is it’s a great recipe you can take on the go. Simply prepare it in a mason jar and bring it with you.
THIS MATCHA MINT CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING IS:
- High in fibre
- High in Omegas
- Naturally vegan and gluten-free
A chia pudding loaded with minty matcha flavour and topped with some chocolate banana smoothie
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 bananas (frozen)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Mix your chia seeds, almond milk, mint extract, matcha powder, and maple syrup in a bowl, and whisk until everything is incorporated.
- Plate in a container in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight to firm up.
- Once ready, remove from fridge and whisk again to make sure there are no clumps. If your pudding is too thick, at a bit more almond milk.
- In a blender, add your banana, cocoa powder, almond milk, and pulse until smooth.
- Layer your chia pudding and chocolate smoothie into a glass or a mason jar to-go and enjoy!